Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not Happening

Eli is not going anywhere. I will never entertain the notion of losing him or any of the furbabies in our family again.
Eli is not just a family pet, which made the thought of not having him in my life that much worse. We depend on each other. Being with me 24 hours a day, seven days a week is what Eli knows. Protecting me and helping me is Eli's purpose. I can not take his purpose away from him. I also can not lose sight of the reason he came into my life and all of the hard work and dedication I have given to him, as well as my promise to continue doing so.
It became even more clear to me when I forgot I had something in the oven. From the living room, it was hard to tell that things were not going so well in the kitchen. Eli, however, was right on top of it. He was wimpering and climbing all over me until I noticed the smoke in the kitchen. Mei-li, our pet Lhasa Apso, would have let the house burn down. She was sleeping nice and cozy in the chair beside me without a care in the world. Eli was so distraught and knew he needed to get someone's attention, though. Not only did Eli remind me that dinner was in the oven, he saved it from being burnt to a crisp.
Eli came out to breakfast with me the other morning and was perfectly behaved. I am not sure if anyone even knew he was there, he was so good. Later that evening, he made sure I avoided a situation that was sure to be an embarrassing event when the MonSter reared its ugly head.
I do not know what I would do without my brave little guy and I do not want to find out. ♥

4 comments:

  1. i knew you wouldn't do it!!!!! they are all family members. don't ever think about that again....especially my baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear you feel able to keep him. Much love Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only just realised you've been replying to my comments on your blog, I'll have to make a point of popping back again in future lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Lin ~ it lets me comment here, but not on anyone else's blogs. 8/

    ReplyDelete