Sunday, December 25, 2011

Boy! Does Eli love to run around!! Most of the time it is impossible to catch him. He has not been too bad out in the yard, though. I have been reinforcing "come." It usually works and when it does not immediately work, it eventually does.
Eli has been getting more curious about the horses...and also a bit braver around them.
I can not imagine what it is like for such a tiny little guy to be looking up at something so much bigger than he is.
Eli and Mei-li seem to be getting along better. There have not been any brawls as of late. Oddly enough, Mei-li seems to be more sociable these days. Perhaps Eli had a positive effect on her.
I do not like this feeling that I can not do everything I need to be doing for Eli. He makes me proud so often. In fact, he attended his first basketball game last weekend and was excellent. People were astonished that he was not affected by the buzzer. He visited with a friendly stranger who was sitting next to me in the bleachers. The only "negative" thing was that he wanted the squeak toy that a baby was playing with. I guess Eli needs to learn that he can not have anything that squeaks.
I am just disappointed that we were not able to get to the Agility class this month. I know it would be beneficial to Eli's ongoing training and skills reinforcement. There will be other classes, I know. But feeling like we have been at a stalemate is bothering me. Eli, though, seems unaffected and just as happy as ever. ♥

2 comments:

  1. He's so cute in his warm coat. If this breed is anything like a Yorkshire Terrier (I've had a few teeny tiny ones), he'll have the 'the bigger they are the harder they fall' attitude lol. Yorkies always seem to want to 'take on' the biggest creature around lol. Glad he's having so much fun. He does wonderfully for such a young dog doesn't he, well done for all your hard work with him. Love lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lin. (((Hugs)))
    I love your blog. For some reason I can't ever comment on it. 8(

    ReplyDelete